It is normal for people at some point in their life to experience emotional or relationship difficulties. Often, these struggles are as a result of childhood experiences and/or trauma. People often experience distress as a response to more recent life events but this can be confusing when the current events are emotionally fuelled by unresolved historical issues. Psychodynamic Psychotherapy provides the opportunity to explore issues, if necessary to understand the present as we consider the past, within a safe and confidential environment and to understand the present difficulties
Therapy provides a safe space to develop a greater understanding of your distress and to make sense of what is happening in your life. Increased awareness and understanding offers the opportunity for personal development, for empowerment and the opportunity to take greater control of your life, increasing the ability to make different choices to initiate change.
Specific areas of difficulty may include:
- Improving your capacity to initiate and sustain close and intimate relationships
- Personal growth and development
- Developing a sense of identity and empowerment
- Increased confidence and self esteem
- Coping with the impact of childhood trauma
- Eating disorders
- Reducing the symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Dealing with difficulties encountered at work
- Stress management
- Issues related to bereavement and loss of all forms
- Trauma and containing the effects of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
This is not a comprehensive list. If you are unsure if I can help, do not hesitate to contact for a free and confidential discussion.